Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 1 - Optimism

Day 1. So.. 364 days to go.

Please, dear Lord, give me strength.

The first day? It was great actually. I didn't really have enough time to focus on food. I had a crazy day. Lots of music. I'll write about that later.

Maybe I won't.

Okay so here's a list of what I ate today in the order in which they come to my head:

1 plum
1/2 yellow papaya
1 kiwi
2 dates
1 cup cashews/walnuts
greens
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 cucumber
10 baby carrots
1 1/2 cups grapes
alfalfa
balsamic vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp soy sauce

That was my intake of the day and I felt great. No hunger.
I did, however have this strange thing with my head. I wasn't lightheaded, but something was like.. shifting? It was odd. I think it's just the initial detox working it's magic. We'll see. I really don't have much to say about eating right now because I didn't think about it much today. I just did my stuff and ate when I was hungry. I had lots of fun at the grocery store, though. I think I filled my fridge with like..

Kale.

D:

But! All is good. If you want to read one of the things that made me consider Raw-ism in the first place, this articel by Steve Pavlina is fantastic. Actually, he is just fantastic. I adore him.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2008/02/raw-food-diet/

This report shows the pros and cons of going raw. I want to see what will happen to me. I love this challenge. I'm sure I won't be as optimistic later on in the week.. or month, but that's why you guys are here!

..right?

Anyhow. I need to sleep, because I need to regenerate my positive energies.

One love.
Victo

364 days to go

No comments:

Post a Comment